Thursday evening I went to the local SEO meetup for the first time — and my stars was I impressed. Why?
- Ross Jones gave an excellent presentation on the whys and hows of link building.
- The people attending represented an astonishing variety of interests and backgrounds — salvage industry, mommy blogger, web 2.0 marketing for lawyers, wedding photography, magazines, etc.
- But most of all, I was delighted by how thriving and active this group is.
Meanwhile, so I don’t forget, here’s a list of some of Ross’s favorite link building strategy bloggers and resources.
- John Ellis — another Nashville SEO rock star
- Point Blank SEO
- Eric Ward (Danny Sullivan, the SEO king, recommends him too.)
- iMarketingClass (Ross’s students, methinks)
The last one had that serendipitous magic going for it, and whisked me off to the site of some women SEO consultants: Outspoken Media. And this reminds me…. I need to blog about being more-or-less the only woman speaker at WordCamp Nashville. Perhaps perusing this blog will help me formulate my thoughts about this?
But I wander. Thanks again, Ross, for an excellent meetup!