Over the last few days I’ve been gathering iPhone web development links to share with Ada Lovelace, my favorite web professionals group. And here (drum roll) is the final list.
- Marketcircle’s iPhoney
A small app that simulates an iPhone on a Mac. It works best with Safari 3, and requires a Mac. While you can’t test things like sniffing with it, still you can see much of how pages will look right as you are developing them.
- Apple’s iPhone Dev Center
iPhone development central. In order to use it, you have to join Apple Developer Connection.
- My homegrown iPhone sniffer
Some simple PHP that switches the CSS according to whether the page is viewed on an iPhone or not.
A Google Group
- iWPhone: The Easy Way to Optimize WordPress for iPhones
- Create Your Own iPhone Icon
- 7 usability guidelines for websites on mobile device
A common-sense list of principles to focus on.
- Make Your Site Mobile-Friendly in Two Minutes
Mike Davidson; requires PHP
- W3C’s Mobile Web Best Practices 1.0