Yesterday was a banner day. After months (years?) of pining for a small Mac laptop with an Intel processor, I now have one of my very own. It’s a 2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook — and it’s everything I hoped it would be. As of Day 2, here are my top five reasons.
5. It’s black and sleek and elegant, like my cat — not to mention it matches most of my clothes.
4. It may be handsome, but it’s not showy.
3. Thanks to Parallels, it now runs Windows as a guest OS. Next up: Ubuntu.
2. It’s small and light, at least compared with other laptops I’ve known and loved. I hope to take it with me everywhere.
1. All in all, it feels very me.